Thursday, February 12, 2009

Liquid Assets

Today, after I got off of my part-time job at the GAP, I decided to take a stroll up to Aerie, a sister store to American Eagle. I have one of their 'A-list' punch-cards which entitles you to a free gift every month just for showing up. Along with the free gift, they also give you a 20% off coupon for anything in the store-sale or regular priced. I just couldn't help myself; I had to buy something!!! So, I strolled though just to see if I saw anything and initially nothing jumped out at me until I went to the back of the store. They had this super cute polka-dot silver and white night shirt made of super soft cottony (<-is that a word?) material for only $14.95! After my 20% off, it would only be $11.97. After thinking about it for about 4 minutes and looking around at some camis, I just decided to get it.

While walking up to the cash wrap and getting side-tracked by some clearance undies for a moment, I had to ask myself 'Do I really need this?'. I thought about this morning and how the night shirt that I so loved for the past 10 years is going to pieces. There are multiple holes under the arms and the fabric is so worn that you can see right thru it. Not to mention, it's a little childish with the two teddy bears holding hands with the words 'Your love lifts me higher' above their heads with purple and pink hearts all around it. After I brought this new night shirt, I justified this purchase as a liquid asset-something that I can hold on to for a minute and if I don't want it or I don't wear it then I will take it back for my money. The good thing about this is Aerie doesn’t have a set amount of time for returns. If 3 months from now, I still haven't given up my ratty, 10 year old night shirt I can always take it back for my money. You never know when you might some gas for an interview, pay your Comcast bill because they shut your cable off and you cannot fathom spending a day without seeing old Martin reruns on TVOne, or have to scrape together enough money to pay Sallie Mae.

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute night shirt! I need to go to Robinson Mall since I haven't been in several months and check this store out. I need some night shirts...

    ReplyDelete