Saturday, April 11, 2009

Substitute Love

While working at my part-time job, I saw this lady with this super-cute wallet. It was perfect for throwing it into a clutch. After work, I went on a search for the new love and after six stores I finally found it at Macy’s.


The Fossil Weekender Credit Card Slot was by far the cutest thing that I have ever seen in person. It was made of soft, supple leather; it came in great patterns & color combinations, and a $32 price tag. Of course my bubble burst when I saw that price tag, but I wasn’t giving up that easily. I quickly scanned the tops of the shelves hoping to find an extra percentage off or a ‘This weekend only-$10 off Fossil wallets’, but all I found was an ‘Open a Macy’s card and save 15%’. I thought about it for 20 minutes and came to the conclusion that 15% off wasn’t enough for me to buy the wallet; that’s only a savings of $4.80. What’s an unemployed recessionista to do? I went on search for a substitute love and found it!

Well, actually I found two-one at Wal-Mart and another at Target. I settled on the one from Target because it was made better and the leather was better quality. I opted for the one in yellow, and I must say that I am not the least bit disappointed with my $6.99 purchase. I lost some of the fun, retro-patterns that the Fossil wallet had, but I saved 80%. This is the only time that it’s acceptable to have a substitute love.

No comments:

Post a Comment